Year in Review: 2016


























Well that’s a wrap. 2016, you have been one heck of a year.. Like last year, here is a brief review of 2016 for me
  •  Started my first adult job in a clinic AND at Yelp
  •  Hated the clinic job but convinced myself to stay for grad school purposes
  • Took the GRE and applied to grad school
  •  Deferred grad school and quit the clinic
  •  Started dating and mingling as a single woman in NYC
  •  Got really focused on work, running, blogging, taking photos, all that good stuff
  • Met Jesse
  • Started new job at Carat
  • Work life has taken over all of my hobbies
  • Hilary Clinton lost the election
  • Finished a whole year of no meat eating
Like every year, I learn so much more about myself and who I want to be. I remember I started off 2016 at a bar, leaving two random dudes and ended up eating fries with my bestfriend in Mcdonalds. This year's countdown, I stuffed myself with pizza with my love next to me. A year can change so much. I lost touch with a couple of friends and connected with so many more people. When I started 2016, I was so determined about grad school but I wasn’t sure what I was going to do after grad school. For the past first 3 months, I spent all my free time researching and networking with anyone who had advice for a recent college graduate.
I made a bold decision to not go to graduate school and gain more work experience before committing myself to school and also school loans. After that decision, a few weeks down the line, I knew I wanted to challenge myself and look for a new job.  For anyone who’s been on the job hunt, they know that it is NOT an easy task. After weeks turn to months, I felt drained, exhausted, and humiliated. But like everyone has told me, patience is the key. And soon enough, I landed a job at one of the world’s largest Ad agency.

So much has changed, and the most impactful changes in 2016 was meeting Jesse. I’m not sure what 2017 holds, but 2016 has given me a good challenge and I’m ready for another one.

Comments