Giving Thanks

Okay so i know I'm a little earlier with the Thanksgiving spirit, but it's never too early to be give thanks.

I use to think my actions had so little impact on others. it doesnt matter if I say bye to them or not, they have better people/things to do. And recently (this past weeks) I started to accept that I dont care if i have little impact to others, if I can do something that'll make someone else feel important, then i'll do it and I wont care if it makes me look "vulnerable" or "soft". Because it feels good to give thanks and maybe they'll pass it along to someone else.

I think i mentioned this before, small things can have a huge impact. During my spring semester, I had a financial hold on my account and was unable to register for my Fall classes. This could have delayed my possibly graduating! If all my senior classes were filled before I could resolve the financial crisis going on in my account, then i would have probably had to stay for another semester.
No, no, no. this cant be happening. I was on the breakdown of crying in public, I ran to the financial office and spoke to one of the employees about my situation in hopes they could temporary take off the hold.
As predicated, the lady wouldn't and showed no sympathy towards my situation. "Speak to your advisor" she said, like my advisor had any power in my financial situation. But i still went. Went to my incredible, kind, always helping advisor, and as predicated she was unable to take off the hold.
She did however spoke to one of the financial people and said go there and try again.
So again, i went back to the office, and again I was denied to take off the hold.
I pushed open the exit door, ready to accept my life was delayed for another 6 months, and also probably an extra semester of tuition money gone. But i thought, okay try once more. Nothing else can go wrong.
So i did, I waited in line. told another lady my situation. And with a click of a button, she said "done". That was it. She changed my life, allowed me to register all my senior classes, and helped me meet my graduation expected date.

I dont think she knew the imperative impact she had on my life. Anyways I always wanted to stop by and tell her thanks, but i figure she probably wouldn't remember me. So I was baking thank you cookies for my professors and i thought, Okay I'm going to give the financial lady (Katie) a bag too, I don't care if she remembers or not.
And so i did. I stopped by told her thank you so much. She was very pleasured(i think..) and had the brightest smile. She thanked me, and then we parted.

I'm really glad, I stopped by to say thanks and let her know her actions are appreciated. I think it gives people a reminder that what they're doing, impacts others and hopefully people will always choose impacting others in a good way.


Comments