Five out of Twelve

But like why??!! Time is going by so quick... and I say that in every end of the month blogpost! I learned a lot this month. Started to reconnect with myself and bring back the positive light that i lost since moving back to the city. Slowly but surely, I feel it.. I know the goal that I am reaching for will happen soon. May was all about hope and finding light around others. Here are my top 10 worthy mentions:



1. Started getting back into running now. 3 times a week, either outside or the treadmill.

2. This is the first month i didn't finish reading a book! This month's book is Three Feet from Gold, its a modern book with all the philosophy from Napoleon's Hill "Think and Grow Rich".  I'll finish it soon, almost done with it. But that means for the month of June, I'll also be behind too. Gotta read a lot more this month.

3. Getting back into fitness too a lot now. 3 times a week. Going to the gym is definitely one of my best ways to relieve stress.

4. Instagram game back on! Now that warmer weather is finally on its way, photography photos will be much more focused.

5. Tiffany visited this memorial day weekend! Tiffany is a friend I made over the summer through Yelp, and we stayed connected ever since. I really hope she'll move to NYC one day, hopefully soon.

6. I grabbed quick lunch with Kaitlyn.  Kaitlyn is another friend I met during last summer but through a mutual friend. During our first hangout we bonded so well and promised to keep in touch. Unfortunately like most situations, words are just words and we never made the effort to see each other. And then this month she invited me to going away party, and we finally reconnected! We had an incredible conversation about our goals, living in NYC, becoming an adult. I immediately felt the regret of a missed friendship opportunity. I'm taking this as a big lesson learned to try to reconnect and make effort on getting to know strangers because they could potentially become someone very important in your life.

7. Went to Vegetarian Festival. LOVED it! It was so much fun, and an event filled of people who love animals and support meat-free lifestyles.

8. Trying to break my barrier of shyness and went to UB's Alumni Networking event. I wish i was able to stay longer but I had to run for a Yelp elite event.

9. Still trying to break my barrier of shyness and surround myself with people who I want to be in 5-10 years. Connecting a few people to ask for an informative interview. I heard back from a UB alumni, and we spoke about her path to her position and advice she has for a young professional. Definitely would love to write more about it maybe in another blogpost.

10. Feeling inspired and finding areas to spark my creativity, I would love to start building a podcast or video forms about transitioning to adulthood and the millennial lifestyle. I still have a lot of setbacks, like equipments and the inconsistency of a hobby but I'll figure it out.

Thank you May for everything. 2016, please slow down.


Comments