Taking that leap of faith







































I always hated the phase "things happen for a reason", I hate when people tell me that I am unable to predict or control my own future. No, i didn't fail my class or didn't lose 10 pounds because of the lame excuse "things happen for a reason" or "it just wasn't meant to be". I failed my class because I didn't study long enough and I didn't lose pounds because I didn't eat a healthy diet (Neither of these two examples were ever my goals nor did they ever happen, but hypothetically speaking).
I use to always believe "destiny" was for inattentive people who didn't chase what they wanted, and used the phrase as an emotional balm.



But what happens when reality becomes so concrete? I know that some instances in our lives we can't control, certain time periods and opportunities are given to us and that is when we have to alter our mindset to fit into our standard of living. So when it seems like every single.damn.door. is closing, I need to have some hope, some light to believe that I can get out. And that is when faith comes knocking in, because faith is all i have left remaining. I am clinging so tightly onto you, please show me there is something worthwhile for taking this leap of faith.


Comments