8 million people in New York City and I still think of you

** This post was meant for a week and a half ago. I finally have time to post it.

Here's a tip for anyone who's still in college: meet and talk to as many people as possible. Because once adult life hits, the only people you meet will most likely be your co-workers.
So there's 8 million people in the city, thousands of conversations to be rehearsed and encountered, but I'm still craving for the attention of one guy. Sometimes I think about reaching out to you,
I want to be able to grab drinks with you, learn how adult life is for you, hear about how your commute to work was. Was the train late for you too? what did you eat for lunch? But i also know i deserve someone who is willing to make time for me. Someone who wants to talk to me as much as I want to talk to him.
So 8 million people, a new and different conversation to be made, laughter to be exchanged, new eyes to meet. I am challenging myself; to make at least 2 random conversations with random strangers every week. I'm not sure how long this will last, but I got nothing to lose and so much more to gain.

**Now a week and a half later.

So i did both things: I contacted him and I accomplished my two random conversations.
Lets talk about the two random conversation first.

1. Studied at a coffee shop. full of NYU med students. The person next to me had a psychiatry textbook, so I thought I could spark a convo there. Nope, ended real quick. I think he was really focused on his work, or maybe he thought it was strange for some random person to approach him.
So that guy didnt count. I had to make another conversation before i leave the coffee shop. Near the end of the day, this girl sat next to me and i complimented on her light pink bag.
We both just graduated and I learned a few cool things about her.
First person of the week accomplished.

Second person was near the end of the week, when i knew i had to finish my challenge. But was still shy of it. I was in the bathroom, and I cant really remember who started the conversation first. But there was this other girl in the bathroom, and we started a conversation from there! We talked about the weather, our weekend plans, and she also just graduated! The conversation went on for a pretty long time considered we were in the bathroom.
Week 1 accomplished.

Okay, now about the call. I was out with a group of friends celebrating a friend's birthday. Snow Jonas was coming the next day. And i missed him. I wanted to hear from him, hoped he was safe, hoped he was prepared. I knew i shouldn't have, but i did. i called him. And he ignored my phone call. So i guess that answers where that leaves us.


Comments