Nine out of Twelve.

We finished September! This month was a roller coaster. September is always a weird month for me, filled with so many endings and beginnings.  With summer coming to end, school was right around the corner. This past month was filled with so many ups and downs, and also great self improvement lessons. Though it was filled with a couple not so fun times, looking back at this month, I love September! I've done great challenges and feel much more motivated to continue finishing 2015 with the best. Here are my 10 worthy mentions:

1. I ran in the Linda Yalem run as a registered runner! The Linda Yalem run is a 5k annual run that UB has hosted for over 25 years. I am so happy and proud of myself for accomplishing my first registered run, I cant stop thinking about when my next will be.

2. Larvene Cox came to UB and gave an empowering speech about the transgender community and learning to love yourself. Gender roles and identity is still a touchy subject in society nowadays, it felt so refreshing to be surrounded by hundreds of people who love each other for who they are, nothing less nothing more. Now aint she a woman?

3. Started working at the dental clinic again!

4. Started eating a lot of vegan and vegetarian dishes. I might have started a little obsession with following vegan bloggers too..

5. Big Sean performed at UB!!! He was so admirable, I definitely felt the passion he has for his music.

6. Went to my friend Haleigh's lakehouse, such a beautiful night there. I would love to host a night out at a lakehouse. But beware, there are LOTS of mosquitoes

7. Stopped reading 1984.. I think i left the copy back in my Brooklyn home. Though i did start reading Memoirs of Geisha. Almost finished with it, its a lovely read!

8. Been obsessed with Trader Joes. There's so many food options and I love that most of the foot items encourage healthy eating.

9. Drake dropped a mixtape with Future. Not the same Drake I fell in love with, but the digging the beats for his new mixtape.

10. Preordered the Iphone 6s in rose gold! I'm so excited to finally hold my new phone. BUT.. wont be coming in a few weeks.


Comments