The blues

Lately i've been feeling down... lately as in, even since i've been back to buffalo. I'm not sure exactly why. Back then, I use to be so excited to go back to Buffalo. But now I cant wait to be back home, in New York City. Maybe it's because of my incredible summer, or just certain people I want to be surrounded with.
Moving back to Buffalo, slowed things down a lot. People take forever to walk here, as well as driving. Though there are many factors of NYC that i miss, Buffalo has it's perks too. People are kinder here, more willing to take time out of their day to have small conversations.

Anyways this blogpost isn't meant to be my torn heart between Buffalo and NYC. I've been so stressed with my future choices. I have to take the GREs soon, apply to grad school, figure out my semester's schedule, debate between working or getting research hours. Lots of decisions to be made, but the rewards just seem like a blur. I think I've been constantly thinking about my near future, it taunted me in my dream last night.

I had a dream my mom was getting old and her days were ending soon. She asked me to take her to this hidden alley across the street from our house that led to this huge arena of friends and activities. Similar to the cruise where there was so much to do and youre surrounded by your loved ones. I apologized to my mom, "I'm sorry mom, if i knew about this place earlier I wouldve taken you here everyday." My dream depicted a life lesson. The arena was right across the street from our home, but I never saw it because i was too focused on other buildings, or other attractions. For example right now, look around the room and count anything that is red. okay do you remember anything that is yellow? Probably not because you were so focused on the red items. In life we're so focused on what we think we want, all our desires, that it might blind us from what we actually need.


Comments