Small fish in a big pond

Have I gotten used to being the big fish in a small pond? In Buffalo, it is a challenging environment but many times I knew as long as I worked hard, my results will show.
But in Columbia, I am literally surrounded by 35 of ME'S. All the interns here are just as hard working or even more hard working that I am. My commute travel to Columbia is 2 hours. Two hours!! and thats only one way, so my travel back is another 2 hours. 4 Hours of my day already wasted!
Think that is bad? Other interns travel from Westchester, New Jersey, a few moved out of state for this internship! Like what?! and I'm complaining about two hours?
I was use to being the "it" girl, the girl who does it all, in a way. With school, internship, research, fitness, clubs. But back in New York City, I'm just an average person.. or maybe even below average..

Comments