Lazy Day

Today I stayed home the whole day. Yup, thats right, ME. (minus the walks I had to take Sammy for). The girl who obsesses about work and improvement, who cant stay still for longer than an hour, who is always searching for something to do, something to check off. I laid on the couch and did practically nothing productive today, and I take pride in saying that.
Many of us might feel obligated to cease the day, and work hard every minute. I still believe in that, and always will. But sometimes, we all deserve a little break. For me, when my body physiologically weaken, I was forced to slow things down.
On Monday night, my throat was hurting a bit but i shrugged it off. Then it progressively started getting worse, more symptoms started to show like stuffy nose, coughing. As my little voice has predicted, I got sick. I know, who gets sick in the summer time? Well its possible, and it happened to me.
So I took advantage of my soreness today. Turned on my laptop, kept a few work related tabs open, did a couple(very few) work tasks, and spent the rest of the day watching documentaries or wasting my time stalking other people on social media. And it was great. Now, doing this everyday is not good at all. We always have to keep striving for success and chasing goals. Do not let comfort get in the way of what we want. But we also need a small break, to catch up on inner self, take a deep breath, re-energize, and then  chase your goals.

Comments