Year in Review: 2017

There are somethings that don't change year over year and continue to roll over to the next year; like the constant long waits on the NYC MTA trains or the bitter cold NYC winter weather

But as a new year rolls around, it's always the time to reflect on what did change (for better or not) and what challenges we faced and overcame. Similar to how my 2016 review was posted, below is a brief review of my 2017:
  • Continued to train for a race
  • Wanted a promotion badly
  • Went to San Francisco- also the first travel vacation with Jesse
  • Ran a 5k race
  • Got the promotion i wanted
  • Did a Hamptons Weekend
  • Saw Dave Chapelle live- literally a couple feet away from him
  • Was really into branding my instagram as a Foodstagram
  • Started cooking every weekend in the winter
It's strange- with 2016 i felt like i accomplished so much and i was so ambitious is every aspect of my life but i wasn't happy. In 2017- compared to 2016- i fell off the wagon for a lot of my goals. I blogged a lot less, running stopped being a goal for me, went to the gym less too. But i feel happier, i feel more complete and actually started to learn how to be okay with being my myself. I think i still have a long way to go on that- to be fully myself around others and not people please or say what they want to hear. So i guess for 2017, i worked more on filling what's inside and then i can chase my external goals. With 2018, i'm feeling confident. I want to get myself back into the gym- but things changed, its not so much on running now. It's more about finding the body that i feel confident in and if running is my sanity then it will be. I started cooking more too, this is been a huge joy of mine for 2017. Being able to buy ingredients and the master of the art that i created. Blogging and now vlogging, i'm trying to not neglect you. Working on small habits to prioritize you. Let's get into 2018- with embracing myself AND working on my goals.

Comments