Andd.. i turned 23!

I might do a reflective post about my year in another post. This post I want to share how i celebrated my birthday weekend.

The best surprise and greatest way to start is with.. Wicked Tickets! Jesse surprised me on Thursday during work. He asked me to come outside of my work building and he was standing with flowers and a little message that we're going to see Wicked! It was so sweet of him and I was completely caught off guard.
We stuffed ourselves with a few small trendy bites from Byrant Park. Jesse got the infamous chicken and waffle cone and I got Japanese style tater tots. Tots recommend, chicken and waffle, not so much.

We arrived 20 minutes before the show started. I dont think its necessary to arrive super early before the show, since the seats are already assigned. Tip Tip: try to sneak in food, they dont  browse too much into your bag. Food purchases gets pricey once inside! I paid $7 for tap water!!! I did get to keep the cup though.
The show itself was miraculous. It was a great entertainment, especially for me as a first time viewer of any broadway show!








































The following day on Friday, I grabbed dinner with my close childhood friends at Bangia. I love korean food and Bangia is one the perfect spots to celebrate with friends! We got the cheese seafood dubboki (which was my favorite), army stew, and a few other entrees. Absolutely a delicious night and filled with laughter.





































Saturday, I had dinner with my family and then did a long catch up with my girl cuzzies. We stayed up till 3 am just catching up with each other about life, relationships, and work. I'm really grateful to have so many girl cousins around the same age as me so we can share all of our similar experiences.

And for the grand finale, on the day of my birthday, I went to wine and paint night! Paint night was never a huge interest of mine, but i'm really glad we did it! It was so super fun and a great activity to bond with friends. Our painting was suppose to be two birds at the sunset, but each of our paintings are a little different (especially jesse's haha).

























What a great way to celebrate my birthday. I feel really blessed to be surrounded by so many people who I can call friends and family. Thank you to everyone who celebrated with me and wished me a happy birthday! 23, I'm ready for ya.

Comments