America deserves better

Two Tuesdays ago was a very devastating day. Donald Trump, a man with no political experience, a bigot, misogynist, narcissist, was elected the 45th president of America.

I used these past few days to sum up my thoughts but now i am ready to share my thoughts.

I woke up Wednesday morning wishing it was a terrible awful nightmare. It wasn't. It breaks my heart there are so many Americans who support trump and his hate to America's diversity.
I am a daughter of immigrant parents. I am a woman representing a cultural community in america. I am a FEMALE who continues to strive and break the traditional society role of women.

What does this teach our children? what does this teach the younger generation? What does this teach me and my other fellow peers?

We worked so hard and for so long to get America moving forward. Gay marriage was legalized, Females were finally being recognized as equals, immigration rights to keep families together were being built. We had progressive movements in America that trump will now abolish.

I tried to understand and spoke to a trump supporter. She believes trump can make the economy better. But has trump showed his tax returns for over 20 years while investing and dominating the real estate society?  She said "those are just words" in regard to trump's derogatory comments to women. We can not continue to let "just words" pass by and ignored. When Hitler spoke about killing a whole nation or even so particular, youths who are bullied and traumatized everyday in schools and neighborhoods. We lost millions due to "just words"

For my parents and grandparents who worked their whole lives, day and night, in sewing machines factories and picking up garbage cans to gain an extra $5, you do not deserve this. For my LGBT community, who fought years in silence and finally spoke out in pride, you do not deserve this. For my fellow women peers, who are constantly striving for their best, but still the average males have more power and say, we do not deserve this.

Continue sharing your voice, do not let others diminish you. Continue protesting and fighting for your rights. Love each other for our differences. And last ending with words from the woman who should've been elected as the President, Hilary Clinton "To all the little girls watching...never doubt that you are valuable and powerful & deserving of every chance & opportunity in the world.".

Comments