Take a trip to… Maine!

A couple weeks ago, my childhood friends and I rented a beautiful cozy house in Scarborough, Maine for the weekend. Now that we’re all adults and gratefully all employed, we need to take more advantage spending time and traveling with friends.
The ride to Scarborough was a long ride. On Google it said 5 hours but there were so many accidents on the road that it delayed our ride to 8 hours! We finally arrived to our wonderfully cozy Airbnb house.

First thing to do after everyone was settled in was obviously grab dinner. We visited a local restaurant and at night you can definitely tell you’re not in NYC anywhere; it was super chilly! Good thing they had portable heaters near our table to keep us comfortable and cozy. My friends raved about how great the clam chowder was.




The second day has arrived, it felt so great to wake up late in a cozy warm blanket, curtains closed, and the smell of a toasty heartfelt breakfast (courtesy of Chao). We took advantage of this day to explore the city and head to Portland, Maine. We visited the two popular lighthouses, beautiful views. I encourage layering up, It gets super windy near the waters.




After sightseeing, we headed towards the lobster joints. The first stop was a small uphill walk to a lobster food truck. I don’t remember the name for the lobster truck, but it was delicious! Slobbed with their dressing and creamy & smooth lobsters. Definitely enjoyed the toasted outside buns.
Next step, we drove to irresistible Evantide. We all ordered the same lobster roll, brown butter sauced lobster meat jammed in between sweet soft Asian-inspired bread. And it was heavenly. Though it was delicious, the price and the quality wasn’t to my liking.


It was time to head back to the Airbnb and relax. The girls and I chatted for hours, I didn’t realize how much I missed bonding with these girls until it actually happened. We all knew each other since were around 12-14 years old, and now 10 years later we’re still the best of friends. While us girls we doing our lady gossiping, the guys were downstairs cheffing up the kitchen! They made a savory divine dinner. I felt so blessed to be surrounded by friends of over 10 years and how we truly do see each other as family.


That weekend was exactly what we needed, to get away from adulthood for a little and reconnect with each other. We use to talk about doing these stuff when we were kids, “When we get older, lets rent a house and get away”.  Though adulthood could be very difficult, I’m glad I have my childhood friends to lean on.

Comments