Ten out of Twelve

October, what a fun month! This month I appreciated Autumn more than i ever did in my past years. I'm not sure why, but i started to notice the small things like the color changes in the leaves, the crisp apple cinnamon smell, the light breeze of wind flitted through my hair. Here are my 10 worthy mentions of October.

1. Running. running. running! This month I gave myself a lot more time to go out for a run. I love running outdoors especially in Buffalo. Such a great way to clear my mind.

2. Fall offers so many great seasonal tastings. Obsessed with anything pumpkin, and thankfully Trader Joes has endless supplies of pumpkin flavor items

3. I got the new Iphone 6s!! I adore the aesthetic touches on the new phone especially the rose gold color.

4. Attended a little wine tasting and pumpkin picking event with a couple friends.

5. Oh Chris did something really sweet this month! I was having a rough morning; a patient yelled at me and gave me an attitude, was running super later and no sleep, encounter a difficult person on the bus. I was in a negative mindset and then Chris surprised me with a box of Paula's Donuts!! That completely brightened my day

6. Finished reading Memoirs of a Geisha. Great read, it opened my mind to view how in certain cultures women do not have a say in what they want to do in their life and how men control it. I wasnt really fond of the ending though, thought it was too happy ending

7. Also participated in Buffalo's Restaurant week. Nothing too special and can not compare to New York's restaurant week. I think my experience would have been better if i explored downtown's restaurant week options, but we werent feeling the drive.

8. Started reading Liz Murray's Breaking Night. She came to give a lecture in UB and from there on she captivated my attention. For someone who's overcome all her difficult adversities (being homeless and having drug addict parents) to becoming a Havard graduate, absolutely inspiring.

9. GRE. GRE. GRE.

10.  Started doing more independent work for Dr. Wen, exciting news coming soon!


Comments