Work hard, even at the smallest things

Has it already been two weeks?! Time is going by so quickly, sorry I abandoned you for awhile blog.
This week hard work has paid off (literally). I always preach about doing your best and giving your 110% but thats a difficult thing to implement. I've been working in this dental clinic for just past a year, and i decided it was time for my raise. Asking for an increase in pay can be stressful, am i good enough? do i deserve an increase? what if this makes me look money hungry. After days of contemplating with myself, i did it.  I asked my boss if we can set a meeting time and discuss my potential raise from the clinic.
In our meeting, she evaluated my work experience. Obviously, I had improvements to be made. In the end, she said "usually employees need to work a full year to get a raise (I was on Christmas break and summer break so technically that didn't count in my full year). I was getting the impression that this was a stupid mistake, i shouldn't have asked. My pay was fine, it was bearable, why am i risking my work ethnic for a tangible object. But i will grant your increase in pay because you've worked so hard for this office. It happened, so easily my boss said yes to my raise and yes to the amount I want.
Because of all the late nights in the office i stayed, all the unpaid extra hours to help her with insurance, covering co-worker's shifts when I had exams, I worked hard when I wasn't expecting anything in return. And that has granted me what i wanted in the future.
So work hard, do requests and favors without asking for anything in return, give in 110%, ask others is there anything else you need help with? It will pay off in the future, you just dont know when.

Comments