It's the small choices that lead to big life changes

So i want this post to be mainly focused on how small changes can lead to big life changers, but first lets remember the infamous rule of 2015; The Law of Attraction.

During the begining school weeks, I registered for a Graduate level class, 600 level. I skipped the first year graduate level course because i was really interested in the 600 level one and also specifically wanted that professor who was teaching it. I was so afraid I wouldnt be able to get into the class (reasons why, discussed later), but the law of attraction pulled through. The theory is really becoming evident that if you want something, you can and WILL get it if you give it your best. okay, now back to my spiel about small decisions.

Rewind back to the summer; Dr. Melara asked me to stay a little longer to help out with the experiment. I was exhausted already and knew I had a two hour train ride to take to go home, I did not want to stay. But I convinced myself, okay maybe this will be short, just stay for a bit. It wasn't. It lasted an extra 2 hours. But now looking back it, if i didnt stay for those 2 hours, my life would be completely different now.

During my extra 2 hours, to kill time, Dr.Melara started asking questions about my career goals and where i stand now. He then later suggested that I should take a graduate level class for my last semester as an undergrad. Taking a graduate level class never even occurred to me as an option, I shrugged it off making up excuses like Oh, i have too much on plate.
Then I came back to Buffalo, and started thinking more into it. My schedule was looking a bit too transparent for a student who plans to attend Graduate school. So i thought why not, lets just search for classes for fun. Psychopathology, it was as if it was calling my name. I googled the Professor, after 2 minutes of looking into the class, I want it. I want to attend the class and surround myself with people who will challenge more than any other classmate in my college years. I want to challenge myself and learn in a much more faster adept form. I wanted to be in a graduate level class so bad, I dropped the class i've been preparing to take ever since I was a freshman, Neuropsychology.

After running all over campus for days to get the signatures and permission needed, I got my petition form ready to go. The only step that needed to be finish was the Graduate center to approve of it. After days of not hearing back from the graduate office, I started to get nervous. Has the class already been filled? Would they even let an undergraduate take the course? This is where the law of attraction takes place. I wanted it so bad, I did whatever it could take to get that class. I went to the graduate office, insisted on seeing the staff member who was in charge of approving graduate classes. Spoke to the director about my eagerness and passion to take the class before I graduate. I think if i didnt show my interest, I'm not sure if my petition would have went through. After restless persistence, the director said she'll take a lot at my petition and see what she can do from there on. The next day I went back to the office and did the same thing. Again same response, she'll see what she can do. The next day, I got an email that said I've been approved and registered in the graduate course.

It really is that simple with the law of attraction. If you want it, and work for it, it will come to you. Today I finished my 3rd lecture in the graduate level course, it's pretty brutal to be honest but I wanted this. All of this would not have happened if i didnt stay those extra hours, if i didnt tell dr.melara my goals, this life changing class started from one small decision.


Comments