Be courageous

Wow what an expensive week! I dont even want to look at my bank account right now or even the amount of receipts I used up this week..
This week was super fun, and you know what that usually links to in New York City.. money. Caught up with a few high school buddies early this week. We grabbed dinner, drinks, and desserts. Then later on during the week, went out with my girlfriends (will continue about that a paragraph or so later). Also I attended a wedding!! So that pretty sums up my expensive week...

Anyways back to the girls night out. I met up with two of my girls Wendy and Nicole for dinner and a lil catching up before we started our night. My co worker, Tiffany came with us to the bars later on. To people who are not from New York, Drinks are EXPENSIVE! Its insane how pricey drinks are in NYC, one cup can get pay for your meal. We started off with some soku shot, and that $10. $10!! for a shot?! Geez, how do people afford to go out all the time?

More drinks started coming, we each took turns to buy rounds. So during our bar hopping, in one of the bars I met this really really cute guy. Normally, I can talk to anyone and hold a great conversation. I mean thats what I do for my job anyways, and I also love meeting new people. But when I met him, I did not open my mouth at all... I stood behind all my girlfriends, and hid. WHO DOES THAT? My girls were wingwomaning super well, but I barely looked at him.. In the end, we had this game plan of me passing my number to him. But as predicted I failed at that mission and didnt even speak to him.

I was a bit upset and bummed out. Not because I didnt get his number (well a little because of that), but because that isnt me. Yes I am shy, but what I was at that time wasnt shy, it was afraid. Being shy is completely normal and sometimes its better being shy than being loud. I was scared, beyond shy. And I always preach about being brave, always be comfortable with being uncomfortable. But there I was, letting myself hide my shine that maybe could have at least led him to smile and think oh shes a cool girl. I felt defeated. I felt insecure and my confidence was shattered. I know I'm making a big deal over a random guy, its not the guy, its the fact that I was weak. In the bar, I kept encouraging myself, okay go up to him, smile at him. But I didnt, I let the shyness of me take over my bubbly confident self.

So this week, I choose to do something that scares me. I'm not sure what it is yet, but when I encounter something that I might shy away from, this week I wont. I will proceed and like Nike says Just do it. Wish my luck, my loves. and as always, keep grinding.


Comments