Reconnecting

Summer is going by so fast and I still have so much to accomplish! My schedule has been a lot less stressful and calm for this past week. And it was actually perfect timing now that I think about it, because I got to see a couple people that impacted my life tremendously in the past!

In the beginning of this week I got to meet with Hanna!! Hanna and I became friends in Chemistry lab during the summer in Buffalo, along with Gulshan (who sadly was not in nyc this week). Hanna came to nyc to visit a few friends, and I was luckily one of them! I am so happy to see how much she has grown and all her accomplishments within less than two years. She got accepted to medical school(!!) and engaged to her high school sweetheart! Her ray of sunshine definitely brings positivity to everyone she meets. We grabbed frozen yogurt with her other college friend. Before meeting with Hanna, I was a bit hesitant to go out because I knew her other friend was coming along, and being shy me, I didnt want to meet other people. But I'm so glad I did! Her friend is so lovely and sweet! We even exchanged phone numbers and are hoping to see each other this summer.

Then in the middle of the week, it was birthdays of TWO very important people in my lives. Tommy and Khloe. Tommy and I grabbed L&bs on the eve of his birthday, its always great catching up with that funny comedian. Plus he got a brand new car too! On Khloe's birthday night, it was super hetic for me because I had to run to this dessert shop after work while carrying my tortuous heavy laptop, and commuting during rush hour is no fun. But gladly, I made it in time before Khloe went to bed and was able to give her the sweets. I also stopped by Tommy's to drop his sweets, and of course hilarious Tommy gave me a good laugh that night.

Also the day after, I stopped by to see my old Junior High school teacher, Mr.Bright!! Literally 8 years ago, and he still remembers my name! I got Mr.Bright a few thank you gifts, with a long written thank you card about how he changed my life. Mr.Bright will always be the first teacher who believed in me and nurtured me to grow in the academic field. I remember I was a little mischief in his class, and usually Public School teachers would easily give up on students like me. But Mr.Bright didnt, he continued to spend his time focusing on my negative behavior and believed that I had potential to do something special. Because of him, I enrolled myself in AP Europe when I entered high school, and due to that choice I was surrounded by kids who were intelligent and knew what they were doing at a young age. So naturally I followed them, after AP Europe, the next step was to enroll in AP US, and then AP government, and AP economics, and that led to other AP classes. All this because Mr.Bright saw kid who needed a little pushing, and he didnt give up on that kid.

Lastly but of course never the least, My BESTFRIEND came back from asia! After a long month of not seeing her, shes back from her asia travels!! When we met up for dinner, unfortunately she wasnt feeling well and still healing from a stomach virus she caught during her last days in Hong Kong. We went on a little food adventure but decided to call it a night to get some resting for her. I thought it was very sweet of her to stay in the city just to see me when she wasnt feel well.

It was so great seeing some of the people who inspired and supported me to become the person I am today. Sometimes I easily forget about other people's struggles, and selfishly think that I am the only one struggling with growing up. But struggling to grow up and finding success is a constant process, and not everyone is as blessed as I am to have the people who supported me and still have them in my life. Inspiration is everywhere, and can be found in anyone. Cherish those who helped you get to where you are, and use it as an inspiration to help others and give them support to becoming a better person.

PS. Another event that was very special this week, Gay marriage is now legal in all 50 states. Congratulation to every couple out there who has been struggling to fight for equal rights and to prove that their love is real. You made it, you made a change to the world, and gave hope to every person out there who is struggling with their sexuality. This is only a stepping stone for the community and I am so proud to see this historic movement. #lovewins

 

Comments