Four out of Twelve

Wow... the last month on my last Spring semester in UB as an undergrad has arrived.. April, you showed me hard work and determination pays off. After multiple nights of studying, I earned the grades I wanted (well almost, still not a 100%). I will continue to focus and not get distracted, even though its kind of tricky now since the weather is much nicer! This past month, it seems like everything is SLOWLY falling into place, and the law of attraction is starting to kick in. So many good things happened this month, possibly(hopefully) due to keeping a positive attitude and being focused. Here are my 10 worthy mentions of April

1. Bad things happen to EVERYONE. The night i lost my wallet, I almost had a mental break down. I felt so angry to the universe. I thought to myself why do bad things only happen to good people, THAT is NOT positive thinking. Bad things happen to every one, its how you HANDLE the situation.
2. Be good, and believe there is good out there. My wallet was returned. everything. my cash, IDs, gift cards, credit cards. nothing was taken. There are people out there who genuinely good. And that day has changed my view on life permanently.
3. One small gesture can brighten's someone's day. My mentor posted a blog post about feeling a little upset and homesick during Easter. I surprised him with Easter egg chocolates, not thinking much about it. But to my mentor, he was extremely touched and made me a hand painted thank you card. a hand printed card all for a 3 second trip to cvs!
4. Work hard, and keep working hard. Most of time, i feel as if hard work doesn't necessary pay off. I know i work hard, but I am still not as smart or talented as my other peers. Now I am not going against the Law of attraction, I know my flaws and am still working hard to achieve my goals. But this mid term week, I put in more effort in my studying. or maybe because I enjoyed the topics, either way, results were paid.
5. Fell back in love with Starbucks. Well every week of April, I refilled my starbucks card..(#brokelife)
6. Reached my goal of running 3.5, I'm suppose to at 4k at the end of April. I will work out that during the following weeks!
7. My research supervisor made me his lab rat this month for his diet study. I had to monitor my glucose level, weight, diet, and my physical activity through the Ihealth watch. It was really cool to monitor my health, this is another great advance in our culture to promote healthy lifestyles
8. uhh i planned to lighten my hair just add some spring feels to it, but it turned ORANGE
9. dyed my hair back to black :(.. its okay, I need it that color since my life is getting more professional...
10. last but never the least. So you know how this post is all about hard work?... I GOT A INTERNSHIP AT COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY!!!!! (thats all i will say about that for now)

























These are the gifts my mentor gave me, isnt he the greatest?! and peep at the hand printed card that looks like an actual Hallmark card!

Comments